“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” -Dr. Seuss

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Boondoggle Begins

Thanks again Derek and Ariel for driving me to the airport! I made it through with no troubles at all :)
Mom absolutely had to have the going-away picture! :)
Well, I managed to sleep for an hour or two on my various flights, but as far as I'm concerned, the friends I made during the flights were more important! We found a ton of people at the Houston airport that were SASers, and managed to gather a rather large group. There are people from all over, and it's really fun to meet them all.
Riding the shuttle from the airport to the Ramada Plaza hotel

Beer run! We were too tired to stay awake for dinner so we bought snacks and booze instead
Too bad I'm too tired to really hang out and do something fun!
We board the ship tomorrow, and I can't wait! I'm so excited to see the MV Explorer and meet my roommate(s), and learn my way around the seven decks! Not sure when I'll next have time to update this, but I'll do my best!
I have the last shuttle to Puntarenas tomorrow at 10am (most people have to wake up pretty early). That's 9am for you folks :)
Can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment