“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” -Dr. Seuss

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Preparations for the Trip of a Lifetime

As many of you know, I will embark on my Semester at Sea cruise (or as Dad calls it, my "boondoggle") in 6 days. Since I've been spending the past week organizing all my crap in my room (and getting my SCUBA certification!), I haven't even started packing, but I've been making lists! I won't bore anyone with the details, but imagine me preparing and then overpreparing.

I won't be putting ALL of my pictures here, but I'll try to keep up a photo journal as the month progresses, and I'll create an updated calendar so you can see where I will be on a given day. I have several activities planned for each of the port stops, and some days where I have nothing planned, so those will be a surprise! Without much internet, I won't be able to keep in touch as much as I'd like, but I'm sure you'll hear all about it when I get back!!!

If you'd like to email me while I'm gone, I will be checking meghan.welsh.m12@semesteratsea.org most often. My cell will be on airplane mode the whole time, so don't bother with texts or calls, but I'd love to hear from you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment