“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” -Dr. Seuss

Friday, June 1, 2012

Extended Family


May 24, 2012

I was adopted today!
SAS has this program called “extended family,” where the faculty, LLL’s, or Road Scholars can “adopt” a few of the younger students. I was adopted with girls named Rio and Michelle (Rio started our stairway party of the night before—more about that later) by an LLL named Evelyn. We had dinner together and talked about our classes, hometowns, and music.
The night before, Rio and her roommate Sarah were sitting on a set of stairs. Whenever someone walked by they stopped them and asked for their name and where they were from. My friend Carly and I wound up sitting down and talking to them, and a bunch of other students eventually joined us. We stayed up really late talking about all kinds of fun stuff, and the next morning when I could barely keep my eyes open I still couldn’t convince myself it was a bad idea.
I’ve pretty much been sleeping 5 hours a night max, but it’s so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment