“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” -Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Conversion in Progress

Alright, so here's the deal.

Recently, I've made a discovery about myself. This may come as a complete surprise to you (as it did to me), but I take a lot of photos--more than the average person.

Ok, it wasn't a surprise at all, but it's enough to know that I DO take photos. Right?

Anyway, originally I created this blog to keep friends and family up-to-date on my SAS doings. Cool idea in theory, but didn't work in practice, as I did not have the internet capacity to continue updating as I went, and towards the end of my trip I became extremely busy with classwork anyway (busy? On a cruise ship? Excuse me, voyage...).

When I realized that most of my photos just sit and mold in files on my computer, I decided I needed an ongoing project to keep them fresh and aired out. My aunt scrapbooks--I thought maybe I'd do the same, but I don't really have the funds for such a thing (though I do enjoy it). Then I decided it would be cool to make movies out of my pictures (this after playing with iPhoto on a friend's Macbook). Again, though, I found myself thwarted by my lack of cash. I don't have anything with Mac software, and it would cost me a minimum of several hundred dollars to get started.

So, instead, I made the brilliant (inspired, genius, creative) decision to turn this into a travel blog. My work is half done, now all I need to do is convert some pages here and there to usefulness and voila!

This isn't a guarantee that I'll travel much. In fact, I foresee a distinct decline in travel progress in the near future as I find employment (hopefully). However, I find that while "travel" can relate to experiences abroad (as my new "description" may suggest), it may also be in reference to a personal journey, an imaginative one, or even a simple hour-long drive to someplace new. In any case, I will now be blogging the journeys of my life (which may be a better description, now that I think of it).

Welcome to my travel blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment