“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” -Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reason #2: Tree frogs

This guy jumped from our grape vines onto the table that was over my head while I was reading. The sound startled me, until I realized what it was caused by! He's about as long as my thumb.
 Ok, come on. What's not to love about tree frogs? They're cute, they hop, they're a really pretty green, and check out that eye! This little guy is the pacific tree frog. His species ranges from Northern Cali to BC all along the west coast. They also happen to be very loud. I'll often be sitting somewhere inside and I'll hear a loud "RIBBIT" (they actually do make that noise, unlike some frogs). If you sit outside in the summer, you can hear the music of the frogs as they ribbit all around you (the beauty of not living in the city). People often mistake the sound for crickets, but nope! Not the case! Frogs are much cooler anyway (though I do like crickets).

This particular guy packs a loud croak, but he's about the size of my thumbnail!

This one makes me a bit sad. I'm not sure if he lived, but somehow he was a bit squished in our hose.  It's  always sad to find a squished or dried-up frog, but it does happen.
More information about tree frogs (yes, I used Wikipedia, who doesn't?).

No comments:

Post a Comment