“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” -Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reason #3: Poop Shooters!

This is exactly what you think it is
Here's the deal with poop shooters: I don't actually know what they are.

What I do know is that they are large impact sprinklers with high-pressure poop/water running through it being blasted across fields to fertilize them. That's about it. I don't know if there is a specific name for the sprinkler or if there's even a name for the technique. Perhaps we made it up? I would love to know more, and I've been trying to learn more all summer, but the internet is very lacking on this subject.

Why would it be a reason I love where I live? Well, where else do you find something so hilarious? I honestly don't know anybody else who has heard of these. Besides, it's fun to say. Try it: poop shooter! Or you may try crap cannon, and a few other creative names as you think about the various words for poop (though it is my favorite).

The disadvantage: it's the only time I actually smell the cow poop--when the poop shooters are going and the lovely fertilizer has a chance to ripen in the sun and waft toward my yard. About 8 or 9 days out of the year, so most of the time I'm safe.

But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment